The quality and importance of UX for search engine optimization has increased as Google uses it as a determining factor in the relevance and quality of websites.
The effect of user experience on SEO is straightforward since it affects the user's behaviour on a site. If a site is difficult to use or navigate, users are more likely to leave without engaging with the content, which has a detrimental effect on SEO. This is known as "bounce rate" and search engines see a high bounce rate as a sign that the site is not providing a good user experience.
The way a website is designed and used can also affect user behaviour. Users may spend more time on a website and absorb the content if it is simple to use and provides a seamless experience. This can improve the website's search engine ranking by indicating that the website provides valuable and relevant information to its users.
So, how can you improve the user experience on your website to boost your SEO? Here are a few tips:
Make sure your website is mobile-friendly
It is imperative to make certain your website is mobile-friendly. More and more individuals are using smartphones and tablets to go online, so it is critical for your website to be mobile-friendly. When more and more individuals access the internet via mobile devices, particularly outside of developed nations, ensuring your website is mobile-friendly is critical for SEO. If your website is mobile-friendly, it may increase its traffic by up to 90%.
Now a days it's non-starter to not ensure a site is mobile-friendly in modern web development, however many sites still screw this up.
Here are a few tips for making sure your website is mobile-friendly and improving your SEO:
1. Make sure your site is responsive: Make sure to test your site on a variety of devices to ensure it is responsive. There are several ways to test your responsive site using Chrome developer tools, however you may experience any issues with the rendering if you test on a real device. To test on multiple devices, download iOS Xcode or Android Studio simulators.
2. Make sure your site is simple to use on a mobile device by providing large, easy-to-click buttons and links. Small buttons and links on a mobile device can be difficult to accurately click. You may make your website simpler to use by incorporating buttons or tap areas that are at least 44px in height and 44px in width.
3. Use a mobile-friendly font size: On a small mobile device, it can be difficult for users to read small font sizes. Make sure to use a mobile-friendly font size that is easy to read on a mobile device. Ensuring that the body font size is at least 16pt will be a good start.
Use clear and concise headings and subheadings
Using headings and subheadings to organize your content helps make browsing and locating information simple for visitors to your site, thereby improving user satisfaction and consequently your SEO.
Using clear and concise headings and subheadings on your website can help improve your SEO in a few different ways:
1. Using headings and subheadings to organize your content makes it easier for users to scan and find what they are looking for, improving the user experience on your site and boosting your search engine rankings.
2. Using headings and subheadings to structure your content allows users to quickly grasp the main points of your page or article. This may improve your search engine rankings and make your website more relevant to users and search engines, which might enhance your traffic and conversions.
3. Including relevant keywords and phrases in headings and subheadings on your website can improve its visibility in search engine results and drive more organic traffic, thereby boosting your website's traffic. Keywords and phrases can help search engines better understand the subject matter of your content.
Take a look at the current version of your site and see how you can simplify your navigation. Submenus should generally not be used, and all of them should be grouped at the bottom of the footer as top-level links. No more than eight links should be placed at the top of the menu.
Continue reading Part 2 here