Now to Part 2 of this series on understanding how can UX impact your SEO score. You can further improve your SEO score by following the tips below:
Use high-quality images and videos
Using high-quality images and videos to illustrate your points and make your content more appealing to users is one way to improve the user experience on your website. You can use visual content to help make your content more engaging and interesting.
Using high-quality images and videos on your website can help improve your SEO in a few different ways:
1. Using high-quality assets increases trust between you and your customer and minimizes or eliminates bounce rates, and ideally you'll turn a visitor into a paying customer
2. Using images and videos to illustrate your points can make your content more informative and valuable to users.
3. Images and videos can help attract more organic traffic to your website. When users share your images and videos on social media, it can help drive more traffic to your website and improve your search engine rankings.
To increase the ranking of your website in Google's search results, you should optimise your images and videos by using file names and alt tags that are descriptive, and making sure they are properly sized. This can help improve your website's relevance and authority in the eyes of search engines, which can increase your search engine rankings.
Make sure your website loads quickly
No one likes to wait for a website to load, and slow loading times can have a negative impact on the user experience. Use tools like Google's PageSpeed Insights to test your website's loading speed and make improvements if necessary.
There are a few key ways to make sure your website loads quickly and improve your SEO:
1. Optimize your images: Using Photoshop or online tools such as TinyPNG can help speed up your website by optimizing your images before sending them to the server. Reducing their size without sacrificing quality will improve your website's speed.
2. Use a content delivery network (CDN): By using a CDN, you can improve the loading speed of your website by reducing the distance that data has to travel. Because the data is delivered from closer servers rather than from the servers where it was originally processed, the delivery speed can be increased.
3. Enable caching: Using caching, your website can save and store data that is accessed frequently, thus reducing the need to load it from the server every time a user visits your website. This may help speed up page loading and reduce server load.
5. Use a good hosting provider: Your website's hosting provider plays a big role in its loading speed. Make sure to choose a reputable hosting provider that offers fast and reliable servers. Hosting services like Vercel are highly optimize to deliver webpages to end users.
By following these tips, you can make sure your website loads quickly and improve your SEO. It's important to regularly test your website's loading speed and make improvements as needed. You can use tools like Google's PageSpeed Insights to test your website's loading speed and get recommendations for improvement.
Make your site more accessible
Accessibility for the web is important for several reasons, including its possible impact on a website's search engine ranking. Search engines aim to offer the best possible results for a user's query, and this includes ensuring that the results are accessible to as many people as possible. So ensuring your site is accessible will likely increase your SEO ranking versus one that is not.
Here a few tips to make your site accessible:
1. Always use semantic HTML tags: For example, make sure the header portion of your HTML is contained within a <header> tag.
2. Use ARIA roles and landmarks if they are necessary: Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA), is a specification that adds accessibility information on certain elements. As an example ARIA notifies on-screen readers about dynamic page changes like search results.
3. Make your colors accessible: There are various tools that can help you achieve this. Make the text on the site as large and bold as possible to make it easier for users with visual impairments to read and interact with it. Use color wisely: Don't rely solely on color to communicate information, as this may cause difficulties for users with colour blindness to comprehend the content. Test the site with different color schemes: Use the Stark Color Contrast Checker to ensure that users with visual impairments can use the site. The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) provide specific recommendations for color contrast. The minimum color contrast ratio for standard text (14 points or larger) is 4.5:1, and the minimum color contrast ratio for large text (18 points or larger) is 3:1.
An easy way to get started on making your website more accessible is by using a tool like A11yWatch. It's an easy tool make your website more accessible. It's affordable quick, and does constant monitoring for you. Give them a try!
In conclusion, user experience is an important factor for SEO because it directly affects how users interact with your website. By improving the user experience on your website, you can boost your search engine rankings and drive more organic traffic to your site.